Thursday, May 30, 2013

Teacher Appreciation

For teacher appreciation week my best friend rang me up asking if I could whip up some apple cake pops for her kid's teachers.  Of course I jumped at the chance to do this!
These were quite simple and I just love how well they turned out.
I used pretzel sticks for the stems and the leaf I made out of laffy taffy!
I think I'm pretty ingenius for thinking of this!
I zapped the taffy in the microwave for 10 seconds, rolled it out to the desired thickness, then with a sharp knife I free form cut out the leaves.  I scored each leaf with the knife to add the veining, then I curled them slightly to givem them a more dimensional look.
Once they were dried/hardened, I attached them with some of the candy coating. 
My friend put them in mugs filled with M&M's and added a sweet tag that reads:
A good teacher deserves an apple, but you deserve a whole bunch!
Thanks for all you do!
What a GREAT, as well as, sweet & delicious gift!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment